Dave Duarte works as a facilitator and speaker sits at the intersection of digital trends, marketing, and leadership. Let me share my insights from running digital campaigns in over 50 countries that have reached over a billion people.
Facilitator and Speaker on Digital Leadership, Innovation, and Story-Making.
Dave Duarte is a digital marketer, entrepreneur and educator.
As founder at Treeshake uses digital tech to drive action on issues ranging from protecting the oceans to adopting renewables.
The World Economic Forum lists Dave as a Young Global Leader, and has invited him to address world leaders in Davos on the topics of brand building, storytelling, and countering fake news.
He serves as Chairman of the Reach Trust, a non-profit developing mobile apps used by millions of South Africans to improve their literacy, numeracy, and employability. He also serves as a voting member of the academy of the Global Teacher Prize.
Previously he was Programme Director at the University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business; headed up Creative Commons South Africa; served on the Board of the Mail & Guardian; and co-founded the pioneering Social Media Agency, Cerebra.
Dave lives and works in Cape Town, and gives talks and workshops around the world via a dedicated telepresence suite and boardroom.
Using a combination of storytelling and facilitation my talks are inspiring, informative, and engaging.
- The Connected Context: Interconnectivity is an undeniable force in the world being reshaped by pandemic. What are the systemic changes being driven by technology, and what are the biggest opportunities and risks for innovation. A much needed narrative for change informed by my participation in the World Economic Forum’s Young Global Leaders network.
- Truths, Trends, and Tech: A talk to inspire more value-driven innovation. We distinguish between technology, trends, and truths as value-drivers for innovation and response to change.
- Connect to Change: our social and professional networks shape the way we see and operate in the world. This session looks at why and how to build a better support network.
- Story-Making: the power of participative narratives to guide our decisions, shape our behaviours and unlock our best performances. Storymaking is about casting your community in the role of the hero, and how that changes everything.
- Followership: We so often hear about what it takes to be a better leader, this talk is about the other side of the equation: how to be a better follower – to add your energy to something much bigger than yourself, and operate to your highest values.
- Change Starts with You: A practical session, grounded in the value of integrity, for impatient change-makers who are frustrated at the slow pace of change in the world.
- I also do talks on Digital Marketing and Social Media from a strategic perspective. These talks and workshops are among my most booked.
DIGITAL KEYNOTES, WEBINARS, AND ONLINE WORKSHOPS
Webinars and virtual keynotes are the fastest growing trend in business education, for good reason. Virtual presentations are not only more convenient and better for our environment, they’re highly effective and offer many benefits over in-person sessions.
I use a full range of tools and techniques to offer a powerful online experience that makes best use of the virtual learning context, and am plugged into the communities of practice that are pioneering the edge of this way of engaging online.
Here are some of the reasons I am encouraging my clients to book me for virtual workshops and talks:
They’re surprisingly good! With proper staging, good sound, and
multiple cameras we can create a truly professional and inspiring
viewing experience for your participants.
I can get beyond powerpoint and into live white-boarding, screen-sharing, mind-mapping and other non-linear ways of bringing ideas to life.
Participants ask more questions than normal due to the chat based interface that goes alongside the slides and presenter video.
I can bring in other experts and thought-leaders to share their
insights and stories as part of larger sessions, even if it’s just for
15 minutes of input or QnA during sessions.
We can engage participants with made-for-webinar games and interactions designed to engage the group and help them connect with each other and the topic. Zoom & Cisco Webex allow break-out rooms to allow for more intimate group conversations on certain exercises.
Dave Duarte can make these sessions really practical by engaging participants directly on their computers to get tasks done, either individually or collaboratively working on assignments and submitting in real-time digitally.
Due to the convenience, courses can shift from full day of learning to multiple shorter sessions, which allows us to do more practical work and assignments between sessions.
When it’s done you can get a recording of the session – podcast and video
- The Connected Context
- Truths, Trends, and Tech
- Connect to Change
- Change Starts with You
- DIGITAL KEYNOTES, WEBINARS, AND ONLINE WORKSHOPS