Mark Keating believes that sales is a life-long passion. From my early days in a ‘boiler room’ environment in the City of London selling financial services over the phone (and not being able to sit down until I’d made a sale … no joke) to my current role as co-founder and CEO of SalesGuru, sales has been the one constant in my life.
I believe it’s the greatest career in the world, yet too many people in sales never realise this and live a life of sales mediocrity.
As the CEO of SalesGuru, my role has been to build a great company that is focused on one specific thing: to help South Africa’s salespeople embrace professionalism and great selling practices and to help businesses grow and improve their sales teams through inspiration, education and training.
Here’s why I’m different: I’m not an ex sales person who now wants to tell others how to sell based on average personal experience, limited results and reading a few sales books. Rather I have over 23 years of on-going sales experience, including industry top performer, sales management and leadership. This is what I refer to with no ego as “real world success”.
I head up SalesGuru which faces the same challenges of lead generation, prospecting, pipeline management, closing sales, customer loyalty and picking a future strategy in an uncertain market as many of you do. I also consult to many business on sales strategy and resolving sales challenges so I practise what I preach – practical “how to’s”.
Added to that however, I have one killer advantage: my days are spent with salespeople in South Africa and though they range across industries, they have in common that they’re all trying to make a success of sales. I spend time interviewing industry top sales performers on their stories and their lessons – what they did to achieve the success and continue to do daily in order remain top sales performers. I incorporate their “real world” tips with my personal experience for a blueprint of successful selling. This ensures audiences receive ideas they can believe in and can use immediately for increased sales success.
Although I describe my speaking style as engaging and humorous, I take very seriously the role of raising the professionalism of sales. I have spoken for over 300 leading businesses, both locally, into Africa and abroad across a broad range of sales topics.
I have also been featured as a sales thought leader in several publications, on radio and television.
Mark speaks on the following sales topics:
- Attitude: The mind-set of sales gurus
- The secret weapon that all top producers have.
- It starts with your thinking: the way sales stars train their minds.
- The power of enthusiasm and self-belief.
- How to achieve results that most sales people only dream of.
- And more
- How to prospect like a sales guru
- How to find more people that will buy from you.
- The universal law of making more appointments.
- How to engage & make appointments on the phone
- Referral gold and how to mine this.
- And more
- How to sell like a sales guru
- How to be different from your competition.
- The best introduction to any meeting.
- How to really uncover their buying motives.
- Structuring questions that get people to buy.
- And more
- The secrets of South African Sales Gurus
- Mark shares the secrets he has learned through interviewing numerous top sales producers both locally and abroad.
- These are practical ideas you can take away and use immediately to increase your sales.
- The real value you bring to any sale
- And more.