Refiloe Seseane is the Founder of an award-winning Non Profit Organisation called 18twenty8® which empowers young women between the ages of 18 and 28.
She completed both primary and high school at St. Dominic’s Convent and matriculated with a distinction in English.
She excelled at Drama and Public Speaking and was awarded full colours for both.
Refiloe majored in Economics and Finance in her BCom degree at The University of South Africa (UNISA) and graduated with a distinction in Economics. She also holds a postgraduate (Honours) degree in Economics from UNISA as well as a certificate in Media and Marketing Strategies for NGOs. She was the top graduate in the Management Advancement Programme (MAP) at Wits Business School in 2011.
Her corporate career began at Allan Gray in Cape Town before joining BoE Private Clients (now Nedbank Private Wealth) as a Business Analyst in the Investments division.
Refiloe is an eloquent voice-over artist, accomplished TV actress, corporate MC and TV presenter.
Refiloe Seseane is passionate about her role as Big Sister and designs workshops for girls in Grade 11 and Grade 12 in consultation with Life Orientation educators.
Refiloe’s achievements include:
Member of U.S. President Barack Obama’s Young African Leaders’ Initiative
Fellow of the Spark Changemakers’ Programme (an Australian initiative for Social Entrepreneurs)
Member of the Young African Women Leaders’ Forum with U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama
Recognised as a Top Young South African by the Mail & Guardian newspaper
Profiled in the Mail & Guardian Book of South African Women
- Winner – Inyathelo Philanthropy Award
- Winner – CEO Magazine Most Influential Women in South Africa Award
- Top 3 Finalist in the Black Business Quarterly Awards
- Protégé at the MTN Business Leading CEO Council with South Africa’s top CEOs
- Her board memberships include:
- Independent Schools’ Association of Southern Africa (ISASA) – Mathematics and English Board
- African Leadership Academy – Student Enterprise Program
- Brightest Young Mind
Her MC & hosting experience includes:
- Standard Bank Graduate Conference – 2014
- Inyathelo Philanthropy Awards – 2013
- Keynote Speaker – ABASA Gala Dinner – 2013
- Standard Bank Graduate Conference – 2013
- Standard Bank CIB Conference – 2012
- Momentum Investments MMI Launch – 2011
- Stanlib Leadership Conference – 2010 and 2011
- New Jerusalem Children’s Home – Gala Fundraising Dinner – 2010
- Department of Transport – October Transport Month – 2009
- Soul Magazine Woman of the Year Awards – 2008
- Emperor’s Palace Casino and Sun City Casino – 2002 to 2004
- TV Presenting:
- Business News Anchor – CNBC Africa (2011/12)
- Computing and technology show GO OPEN co-produced by the Mark Shuttleworth Foundation
- Various corporate videos – VODACOM
- Various infomercials – VODACOM
- Beauty make-over show – SUNSILK
- Entertainment and magazine show – CITYLIFE
- Corporate video – MONASH UNIVERSITY
- SABC 3 Game Show – OUT OF THE BOX
- Magazine and lifestyle program – AFRICA WITHIN